Pecans are a very popular nut and are used in baking and as a nutritious snack. Its smooth, buttery texture and flavour is attributed to its high levels of monounsaturated oils. The resulting health benefits are wide ranging and include everything from heart and digestive health to bone and skin health. The pecan is native to North America and Mexico and comes from a large deciduous tree that belongs to the hickory family. At Ayoub’s, we offer the highest quality raw pecans imported from California.
- Some studies suggest that pecans can actually help stimulate hair growth (on your head, hopefully).
FLAVOUR + TEXTURE
- Rich, buttery flavour
- Soft crunch
- Highest amount of antioxidants (than any other nut)
- Packed with 19 vitamins and minerals
- Sprinkle on salads/pastas
- Combine with rich cheeses (gorgonzola and blue)
THE INSIDE SCOOP
- Astronauts chose pecans to take to the moon in two Apollo missions!